Thursday, March 1, 2012

Florescent lighting

I awoke on the cold surface of the floor. My body feeling so weak, a challenge to even lift my head. I looked at my surrounds the best my eyes alone could. The rooms seemed dark with just a faint light showing from behind a window curtain. My eyes start to adjust better, now to just get up. I slowly begin to pull my arms inward and place my hands flat on the ground in front of me. I begin to push, slowly lifting the top half of my body first. Then a jolt of pain surges through me causing me to jerk and drop back down. What is this pain? I feel my body aching all over and I begin to slightly shake.  I take my left hand and with all the strength I had in that moment, placed it to the side of me and pushed myself onto my back. My legs were slow to follow but the pain came instantly. My sight began to blur as I tried to look at the surroundings once more. I could tell I was in a bedroom, upon seeing the dresser and bed. But I didn't recognize it, any of it. Where the hell am I? I didn't go out last night, I was at home with my parents. A headache started to surge and my vision was started to fade to black.  I began to remember hearing voices from shadowy figures in front of me, but I couldn't see or make out any faces. They were all shouting out numbers and somewhere I heard someone yell out "One million!" Then silence. It was soon broken by another voice ranting.  I slipped back into consciousness. I tried to relax and remember what could've happened I mean I was at home, that all had to have been a dream of course. I came home from school, watched t.v., ate dinner with my parents then went to bed. Nothing could explain this. I shudder from the cold feeling of the floor and then realize my body is completely naked. With the sheet from the bed barely covering one of my legs. Oh my god, what the fuck is going on?! Just then I hear a door open to the side of me, "looks like you're finally awake." The light turns on before I can turn to look at whoever the hell just came in, blinding my sight and striking up fear within me. "Who are you, where am I?" Is all I could manage to croak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment